ABOUT THE FONT
"NASLOF" is a new beautiful and vibrant font family consisted of three styles: Regular, Wire, and Color. For now, it's all caps font supporting Latin and Cyrillic.
The font name is an informal variant of the Serbian word for the headline (NASLOV), which indicates it's intended display purpose. This font is perfect to instantly draw attention to the messages you want to be seen and remembered. Its bold and very unique visual tone will emphasize your ideas in a lively and optimistic way. You should definitely try it on your social media visuals.
As shown in the specimen its bold and juicy character is convenient for various graphic design usage (banners, ads, cover images, brochures, logo, packaging, business cards and many more). It works well on printed material and looks good on screen.
You can see the full font specimen HERE.
ABOUT THE CONCEPT
The idea for Naslof started from the color version. Actually, this is just one of the 14 color font concepts that I developed two years ago. Only two most extreme of them are turned into actual fonts so far—Olcino and Naslof.
If Olcino is intentionally "most illogical" take which examines how far we can go adding additional visual/emotional message to the basic letterforms while still keeping it quite legible, Naslof goes in counter-direction: to apply colors in a most clean and logical way which is immanent to the outlines of their letterforms. That's why those letterforms (in the REGULAR version, which was the base for color stylization) are drawn so they can be easily decomposed to basic geometry shapes later.
Each segment got one of three solid colors from the palette. As a final step, a black linear frame is added, which clearly differentiates segments and ensures the colors are visible over any background. I would describe color palette as soft pop art, while the black frame gives the font a bit of art deco look (especially when presented without the colors in the "WIRE" style).
- Works both on Mac and Windows.
- Multicolor OTF version of this font will show up only in apps that are compatible with color fonts, like Photoshop CC 18.0+, Illustrator CC 22.0.0+, InDesign CC 13.0.1+ or QuarkXPress 2018+.
- 3 OTF files (Regular, Color and Wire).
- Vector files for the color version are included (AI and EPS).
- Webfont files for those who purchase a web license.
- Learn more about color fonts & their support in third-party apps on www.colorfonts.wtf
- Vector font is turned into live multicolor OTF using Fontself software, https://www.fontself.com/
LICENSE: For personal and commercial projects. The license terms are completely the same as Creative Market's font license which can be found HERE.
NOTE: By purchasing the font here (via Gumroad) you get Desktop or basic Web license (10k pageviews/month). For more info about Upgraded Web, App and E-pub licenses, or any other question about licensing please write to firstname.lastname@example.org .
NOTE ABOUT ANIMATION:
The "Desktop Licence" allows the user to use this font in animations both for personal and commercial work, under the following terms:
- It's not allowed to use this font (live or rasterized) in animations that are resold as a product (or part of it). (For example, but not limited to, you are not permitted to animate particular characters of this font and then sell or redistribute animated font, it's subset, words, etc).
- You can decompose particular letters of this font and then animate its parts, but only for personal projects. This is "Character Level" animation, and doing this for commercial work requires a special license.